The Pathway to Opportunity
The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce serves as the pathway to opportunity for the Greater Houston business community. We work to improve the area’s economy by advocating for the business community, creating marketing and networking opportunities, serving as a professional and community resource and supporting local nonprofits.
Greater Houston’s largest business organization
The Chamber is made up of thousands of business and civic leaders who have joined together to promote jobs, economic growth and strong communities. As the largest business association in Greater Houston, we represent more than 1,500 area employers on the local, county, state and national level.
Chamber events network you for success
With more than 100 events every year, the Chamber is the most dynamic business association in The Woodlands area. Educational programs offer crucial business updates on topics including technology, marketing, and commerce. Prestigious business networking events help businesses make connections that count. Find out what’s going on at the Chamber at woodlandschamber.org/calendar.
Make your mark on the business landscape
Become a thought leader and engage with the Chamber’s member-only teams. These working groups shape the future for The Woodlands area business. They are the place to share your expertise, learn about key business issues, collaborate with peers, and lead growth for your industry. Explore Chamber teams at woodlandschamber.org/teams.
Make your voice heard on legislation that affects your business
The Chamber advocates for the business community at every level of government and acts on legislation and policy that can impact your ability to run your business profitably. Chamber Business Advocacy Council members are regularly invited to give policy feedback. Email Margo at email@example.com to learn more about our policy agenda.
For more information and membership information, call 281-367-5777, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our office at 9320 Lakeside Blvd., Suite 200 in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Chamber owes much of its success to the countless number of business leaders who have donated their time and talent to the betterment of South Montgomery County.
Watch the video below highlighting The Chamber's legacy of leadership, including insights from founder J.R. Moore, Jr., Past Chairman Coulson Tough and U.S. Congressman Kevin Brady.
- 1978: Founded as the South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce (SMCWCC)
- 1978: Winn Sharp; Inaugural Executive Vice President
- 1985: Kevin Brady; President of South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce
- 1989: Launch of Education for Tomorrow Alliance (EfTA)
- 1996: Karen Hoylman; President & CEO of South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce
- 1997: Launch of Economic Development Partnership (EDP)
- 2004: The Chamber expands office space at 1400 Woodloch Forest Drive
- 2006: The Chamber’s Partners Program was created
- 2009: Education for Tomorrow Alliance (EfTA) becomes an independent 501 (c) 3 nonprofit
- 2012: Name changed to The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2014: The Chamber relocates to new offices at 9320 Lakeside Blvd. in The Woodlands
- 2015: J.J. Hollie; President & CEO of The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2016: Economic Development Partnership (EDP) becomes an independent 501(c) 6 nonprofit
AABCO Insurance - Denise Wranischar
Abercrombie Retreats – Marilyn Abercrombie
Arceneaux Insurance & Mortgage Services
B. ‘Chic’ Chicoine
BeautiControl – Loretta DuBose
Carol Gooch – Montgomery County Association of Business Women
Congressman Kevin Brady
Doug Stuart – Shaklee
Houston Woman Magazine
Karen L. Hoylman
Keller Williams Realty – Rui Martin
Transcendental Solutions – Daryl W. Houck
Vogt Ventures – Sandra Vogt