The Pathway to Opportunity
The mission of The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce is to serve as the pathway to opportunity for the Greater Houston business community.
The Chamber works to make the area better by advocating for the business community, creating marketing and networking opportunities, serving as a professional and community resource and supporting local nonprofits.
Formed in 1978, today, the Chamber represents a member roster of more than 1,500 businesses representing all sizes and sectors. For more information and membership information, call 281-367-5777 or email email@example.com.
The Chamber owes much of its success to the countless number of business leaders who have donated their time and talent to the betterment of South Montgomery County.
Watch the video below highlighting The Chamber's legacy of leadership, including insights from founder J.R. Moore, Jr., Past Chairman Coulson Tough and U.S. Congressman Kevin Brady.
- 1978: Founded as the South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce (SMCWCC)
- 1978: Winn Sharp; Inaugural Executive Vice President
- 1985: Kevin Brady; President of South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce
- 1989: Launch of Education for Tomorrow Alliance (EfTA)
- 1996: Karen Hoylman; President & CEO of South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce
- 1997: Launch of Economic Development Partnership (EDP)
- 2004: The Chamber expands office space at 1400 Woodloch Forest Drive
- 2006: The Chamber’s Partners Program was created
- 2009: Education for Tomorrow Alliance (EfTA) becomes an independent 501 (c) 3 nonprofit
- 2012: Name changed to The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2014: The Chamber relocates to new offices at 9320 Lakeside Blvd. in The Woodlands
- 2015: J.J. Hollie; President & CEO of The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2016: Economic Development Partnership (EDP) becomes an independent 501(c) 6 nonprofit
AABCO Insurance - Denise Wranischar
Abercrombie Retreats – Marilyn Abercrombie
Arceneaux Insurance & Mortgage Services
B. ‘Chic’ Chicoine
BeautiControl – Loretta DuBose
Carol Gooch – Montgomery County Association of Business Women
Congressman Kevin Brady
Doug Stuart – Shaklee
Houston Woman Magazine
Karen L. Hoylman
Keller Williams Realty – Rui Martin
Transcendental Solutions – Daryl W. Houck
Vogt Ventures – Sandra Vogt