Director of Security
Please apply online- Search Margaritaville careers
Job Description Summary:Join the Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston and love where you work! It's the first Margaritaville in Texas and we welcome you to the one and only lake resort on Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Texas.
Are you currently looking to work at an exciting new resort? If so, this could be your opportunity!!
OUR CORE PURPOSE: Create and Deliver Fun and Escapism
Our team members are the best of the best. We hire energetic, committed people who have a genuine desire to take care of other people. Our team members approach their jobs as an opportunity to please and are dedicated to engaging with every guest, every time. We provide a fun and exciting environment to work and strive to ensure that you will Love Your Job!
1. Every Guest, Every Time
2. Foster a shared responsibility for the well-being of our staff, guests, and community
3. Act with integrity and respect
4. “It’s my job to be better than the best.”
For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits, on the job training, uniforms and recognition rewards. Enjoy our Employee Cafe and free on-site parking. Benchmark offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties.
The role of the Director of Security is to manage security and loss prevention operations on a daily basis. Areas of responsibilities include protection of property assets, employees, guests and property, accident and fire prevention and response. Ensures that all areas of the property are safe and secure. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Protection of Property assets
- Deploy Security staff to effectively protect property assets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
- Ensure fire and life safety system is established to protect the guests, employees and overall welfare of the property.
- Conduct periodic patrols of entire property and parking areas.
- Educate staff in preventative ways of protecting assets.
- Monitoring access to storage areas.
- Conduct investigations into all losses of assets and refer to proper management for disposition.
Protection of Guests, Employees and Property
- Handle guest complaints related to Security and Safety matters and be able to make the required verbal and written reports.
- Provide reasonable care in securing guest rooms and guest room areas.
- Identify areas in need of additional lighting and reduce lighting and make recommendations to the General Manager.
- Oversee the handling of guests who are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other wise incapacitated.
- Oversee the extrication from the property, only in the most extreme cases, when called for (through the legal process without violating civil rights) unauthorized persons or guests, whose behavior goes against the best interests of the property.
- Identify and make recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and unsafe work practices.
- Evaluate guest and employee requests for additional security efforts.
- Conduct investigations of employee and guest complaints, referring all findings to the General Manager.
- Maintain positive relations with local law enforcement and related agencies.
- Keep abreast of local criminal activity as it may impact the hotel industry.
- Communicate effectively (orally & written) with upper management.
- Conduct effective monthly staff meetings
- Analyze and make recommendations to management, expressing loss potential in operationally understandable terms, identifying causes and suggesting remedies in a supportive manner.
Ability to stand for long periods of time as necessary.
Ability to walk the entire Resort/Waterpark periodically.
Lift, carry and/or move boxes that range from 10-25 pounds.
Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends).
The ability to handle any guest/staff/property issue in a professional and timely manner.
Ensure that the appropriate actions are taken regarding any safety and/or security issues.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.