Director of Housekeeping
Please apply online- Search Margaritaville Careers
Job Description Summary:Join the Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston and love where you work! It's the first Margaritaville in Texas and we welcome you to the one and only lake resort on Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Texas. Are you currently looking to work at an exciting new Resort? If so, this could be your opportunity!!
OUR CORE PURPOSE: Create and Deliver Fun and Escapism
Our team members are the best of the best. We hire energetic, committed people who have a genuine desire to take care of other people. Our team members approach their jobs as an opportunity to please and are dedicated to engaging with every guest, every time. We provide a fun and exciting environment to work and strive to ensure that you will Love Your Job!
1. Every Guest, Every Time
2. Foster a shared responsibility for the well-being of our staff, guests, and community
3. Act with integrity and respect
4. “It’s my job to be better than the best.”
For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits, on the job training, uniforms and recognition rewards. Enjoy meals in our Employee Cafe and free on-site parking. Benchmark offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties.
The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for providing for the comfort and cleanliness of property guests, visitors and employees. The Director of Housekeeping also works in establishing standards of service and cleanliness and interprets these standards to employees through training and standards of performance evaluations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent business experience.
- Five years experience in a similar position.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals.
- Assign, train and direct the staff to carry out the basic program as set up and design such to give the maximum efficiency in performance, maintaining the policies and standards of the property.
- Maintain guest rooms and public areas in a clean, comfortable and saleable condition, including heart of the house areas.
- Coordinate with the Front Office to review occupancy levels and staff labor accordingly.
- Maintain a room history journal-detailing inventory, major maintenance and repairs, renovations and general cleaning.
- Supervise inventory system for supplies and equipment and establish reorder levels; keep repair records for equipment.
- Maintain records of linen usage and compare to occupancy levels. Review linen inventory and oversee laundry operations.
- Test and evaluate cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate supplies and equipment through requisition system and the Purchasing Department.
- Meet with vendors and contractors to learn about new products and services offered.
- Establish and supervise system of controls to ensure that maximum standards of service are maintained.
- Prepare an annual budget outline for capital expenditures for the Housekeeping Department.
- Consult with Director of Rooms on renovation program.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests at all times.