Please Apply Online- Margaritaville Careers
Job Description Summary:Join the Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston and love where you work! It's the first Margaritaville in Texas and we welcome you to the one and only lake resort on Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Texas.
OUR CORE PURPOSE: Create and Deliver Fun and Escapism
Our team members are the best of the best. We hire energetic, committed people who have a genuine desire to take care of other people. Our team members approach their jobs as an opportunity to please and are dedicated to engaging with every guest, every time. We provide a fun and exciting environment to work and strive to ensure that you will Love Your Job!
1. Every Guest, Every Time
2. Foster a shared responsibility for the well-being of our staff, guests, and community
3. Act with integrity and respect
4. “It’s my job to be better than the best.”
For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits, on the job training, uniforms and recognition rewards. Enjoy our Employee Cafe and free on-site parking. Benchmark offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties
BASIC FUNCTION: The Senior Banquet Captain task requires candidates who can pay strong attention to detail. Individuals in this position effectively employ directives and manage both people and supplies, and they are expected to quickly solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
Required managing the entire banquet staff to ensure the high-quality execution of large receptions and events involving food service; he or she also serves as a liaison between the banquet service staff and the kitchen staff and otherwise assists in management operations.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v At least three years of experience in high volume banquet area.
v High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
v Oversee, and hands-on supervision of all banquet set up and events and breakdowns
v Meet all state and organization sanitation and health requirements.
v Ability to operate power equipment and instruct team members on proper handling
v Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: F&B, kitchen equipment and food and non-food items)
v Ability to effectively communicate with the Team members.
v Read, analyze all BEOs and production requisitions
v Knowledge of MS Office, administrative work and able to communicate efficiently through emails
v Prepare effective schedules and abide to BEO specs on required staffing
v Monitor and manage daily payroll as per guidelines
v Oversee all inventory (food & non-food) and communicate efficiently on maintaining pars
v Able to work extended period of time on feet, walk or stand
v Ability to delegate tasks and authority to accomplish the requirements necessary to fulfill the department's needs
1. Making certain all preparations, set-up for day’s functions, are
2. Supervising the set-up of all upcoming functions and events as per BEO specs.
3. Assisting in preparation of a la carte and Conference menus when necessary.
4. Working with the Banquet Manager to coordinate functions.
5. Working with Event and Meeting planners together with Banquet Manager/ F&B Manager in understanding individual group and function needs.
6. Working closely with the kitchen department heads and/or their supervisors to make certain that all functions will be ready at designated times
7. Supervising the set-up, function and breakdown of Events.
8. Communicating effectively with the Culinary Team on any menu change and/or variances due to non-availability while coordinating with Banquet/ F&B Manager and proposing appropriate substitutions
9. Ensure highest quality of guest satisfaction to each event needs
10. Enforces all employer rule and food service regulations.
11. Adheres to all health and safety regulations.
12. Reviews seating diagrams for acceptability and accuracy.
13. Delegates duties to team members for each event.
14. Helps validate costumers’ IDs and monitors all beverage consumption in order to address severe intoxication.
15. Resolves guests’ concerns, inquiries, and complaints.
16. Maintains detailed reports for management and develops an accurate bill for service.
17. Enforces an atmosphere of culture and refinement.
18. Monitors food service to limit food wastage or contamination.
19. Manages transfers and stock inventory.
20. Manages food materials, inventory, and all operating materials.
21. Inspects the uniforms of all floor staff prior to event to ensure propriety.
22. Adheres to and enforces standards for hygiene and grooming.
23. Maintains the cleanliness of the banquet floor, the kitchen, and storage areas.
24. Works as a bartender or server, when necessary.
25. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
26. Demonstrates friendliness, courtesy, and respect, especially when serving others.
27. Has the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in print.
28. Possesses an extensive knowledge of food preparation and service.
29. Has the stamina to handle heavy objects, prolonged periods of standing, and other moderately strenuous activity.
30. Demonstrates the ability to solve problems and delegate tasks.
31. Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee.
32. Work in accordance to the Brand and Resort specifications and guidelines
33. Utilize all Resort programs for inventory and labor managements
34. Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
1. Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
2. Any other task, written or verbal, assigned by the Banquet/ F&B Manager.