The Woodlands, Texas (September 21, 2018) –
The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce brought more than 200 business leaders together on Friday, Sept. 21 at the Holiday Inn & Suites – Shenandoah for its 40th
Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon.
Chamber members and guests gathered to celebrate the year’s successes and honor volunteers who have shown exemplary support to help further The Chamber’s mission and bolster the business community.
Speakers for the event included J.J. Hollie, president and CEO of The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce; 2017-2018 Chairman of the Board Frank Holmes of Sam Houston State University; and U.S. Congressman Kevin Brady who served as the president of The Chamber from 1985 to 1996.
Hollie referenced accomplishments of The Chamber over the past fiscal year and shared his commitment to serving businesses, driving economic growth and advancing The Chamber’s role in the community.
“My vision for The Chamber is to ensure we are equipped to win the next generation,” Hollie said. “In the coming year, you’ll see an exciting evolution within The Woodlands Area Chamber and how we serve the business community.”
Hollie and Holmes recognized the 2017-2018 Board of Directors and Team Leaders for their leadership to The Chamber in the past year. Members celebrating anniversary milestones also received recognition.
The highlight of the event was the announcement of The Chamber’s annual award recipients.
- Community Citizen of the Year: Julie Martineau, Montgomery County Community Foundation
- Chamber Volunteer of the Year: Jennifer Majors Baca, JMB Insurance Solutions
- Chairman’s Award: Linda Nelson, Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center
- Legacy Award: Dr. David Gottieb
Congressman Kevin Brady presented Congressional Commendations to Martineau, Baca, Nelson and Gottieb’s family to recognize their service.
The Chamber also recognized Jennifer Majors Baca as Diplomat of the Year, noting she has been an active volunteer serving on numerous committees including the Business Advocacy Council, Community Relations Team, Putt, Pass & Chip Golf Championship Team, Transportation Education Council, Cards and Cocktails and Networking Breakfast Team.
“We see this annual tradition as a great opportunity to honor our outstanding members, volunteers and supporters,” Cyndi Alvarado, vice president of membership, said. “This year’s honorees really stepped up and helped to make a difference in our community.”
Now in its 40th
year, The Chamber owes much of its success to the countless number of businessmen and women who have donated their time and talent to the betterment of South Montgomery County. The Chamber created a special video highlighting its legacy of leadership, including insights from founder J.R. Moore, Jr., Past Chairman of the Board Coulson Tough and Congressman Kevin Brady. The video can be viewed at http://bit.ly/2Ntrxvl
The Chamber thanks the following dedicated volunteers for their service.
2017-2018 Board of Directors:
Retiring officers and directors include:
- Dan Altom, The Woodlands Young Learners Academy
- Monica Bomkamp Enia, Education for Tomorrow Alliance
- Melanie Bush, Better Bookkeepers
- Byron Ellis, United Capital Financial Group
- Jeff Garrett, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
- Linda Head, Lone Star Corporate College
- Missy Herndon, Interfaith of The Woodlands
- Michele Kooken, Strike, LLC
- Randy Lovelace, Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies, Inc.
- Bob Milner, TerBo Performance, Inc.
- Stuart Lapp, Stibbs & Co., P.C., Attorneys
- Dr. Curtis Null, Conroe ISD
- Zach Richmond, Richmond Realty Group, RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
- Gil Staley, The Woodlands Area Economic Development Partnership
- Angela Strong, A Strong CPA, LLC
- Debbie Sukin, Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
- Greg Usher, Cypressbrook Company
- Kristy Villarreal, Urban Woods Realty
- Tim Welbes, The Woodlands Development Company / A Division of the Howard Hughes Corporation
- Melissa Young, Corporate Incentives, Inc.
2017-2018 Team Leaders:
- Mike Fortner, Open Door Benefits, LLC
- Paco Rivera, Green Bank
- Eric Saville, Kirby’s Prime Steakhouse
- Josh Urban, Memorial Hermann The Woodlands
The Chamber recognizes loyal members celebrating anniversary milestones.
40 Years of Membership:
- Annual Awards 2017: Tanya Bryan, Marsh & McLennan Agency
- Business After Hours: Kathy Rifaat, Crisis Assistance Center
- Business Advocacy Council/Whistle Stop Tour: Kevin Kastor, Consolidated Communications
- Chairman’s Ball: James Ketchum, Leger Ketchum & Cohoon, PLLC
- Community Job Fair: Bill Gervasi, Edward Jones
- Diplomat Team: Courtney Schweitzer, The Kimball Group LLC
- Employment Law Update: Patricia Chapman, The Law Office of Patricia Chapman
- Legendary Leadership: Julie Ambler, The Woodlands Christian Academy
- Networking Breakfast: Jennifer Majors Baca, JMB Insurance Solutions
- Putt, Pass & Chip Golf Tournament: Lisa Brooks, Consolidated Communications
- Transportation Education Council: Linda Nelson, Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center
- Cards & Cocktails: Patricia Ward, Green Bank
- CHAMBER SEMINAR TEAM: Dawn Candy, I Promote You
- Community Relations Team/Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon: Callie Painter, The Work Lodge
- Economic Outlook Conference: Paul Oman, Texas Pools
- Health, Wellness & Fitness Expo: Josh Cherry, Delta Life Franchising
- Meet the New Members: Amber Sickafoose, The Woodlands Country Club
- Past Chairman Team: Linda Head, Lone Star Corporate College
- Taste of the Town: Deborah Kaschik, The Woodlands Young Learners Academy
- Young Professionals Network: Patricia Ward, Green Bank
35 Years of Membership:
- Congressman Kevin Brady
- J.R. Moore, Jr.
30 Years of Membership:
- Adams Transfer & Storage
- Conroe I.S.D.
25 Years of Membership:
- City of Oak Ridge North
- Community Insurance Associates – Kenny Speight Agency
- Meals on Wheels Montgomery County
- T.D. Cox Homes LLC
- The John Cooper School
- Vicki Fullerton – RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
20 Years of Membership:
- AABCO Insurance
- CKR LAW
- Innovative Executive Suites
- Memorial Hermann Surgery Center Woodlands Parkway
15 Years of Membership:
- Alight Solutions
- Baxter Eye Care
- C & S Executive Transportation
- Catering Delights
- Corporate Incentives, Inc.
- Dawson Security Group
- March of Dimes
- Spectrum Catering, Concession & Events
10 Years of Membership:
- ARC Document Solutions
- Brenda H. Biggerstaff, CPA
- Bridgewood Farms
- Carol Gooch – Montgomery County Association of Business Women
- CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County
- Geo Solutions, LLC
- Harley Davidson of The Woodlands LLP
- Hilton Garden Inn The Woodlands
- Ikard & Company, LLC
- Janis Cornmesser
- Martin, Earl & Stilwell LLP
- Micro-Mainframe / Pro-Links
- Paddington British Private School
- Park At Northgate
- Patrinely Group
- Prosperity Living
- Randalls – College Park
- St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School
- Stibbs & Co., P.C., Attorneys
- Susan Love Fitts Communications
- Top Cut Tree Service, Inc.
- Transcendental Solutions
- Woodlands Performance & Suspension, LLC
- Wright’s Printing
- Advanced Auto Care of The Woodlands, LLC
- American Financial & Automotive Services, Inc.
- Arnold Chiropractic Center, LLC
- Berryhill Baja Grill & Catering
- Children’s Books on Wheels
- Children’s Safe Harbor
- Churrascos Steaks & Seafood
- Class Act Productions
- Colonial Life – Natalie Teltow
- Corporate Housing Associates, LP/Woodlands Interim Housing
- Crisis Assistance Center (CAC)
- Diligent Delivery Systems
- Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital Vision Park
- Gold’s Gym Magnolia
- Home & Garden Show – The Woodlands
- ITVibes, Inc.
- JL & Company Entertainment & Events
- La Torretta Lake Resort and Spa
- Masters In Dietetics, L.L.C.
- Mobile Insurance
- Monfair At The Woodlands
- Montgomery County Judge
- Provident Wealth Advisors, LLC
- Repair One Automotive Repair/Service
- RVR Ventures, Inc.
- Sam Moon Trading Company
- Texas State Optical
- The Abbey on Lake Wyndemere
- The Learning Lane
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Houston North/Shenandoah
- Trinity Episcopal Church
- VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa
Event sponsors included presenting underwriters, City of Oak Ridge North, City of Shenandoah and Visit The Woodlands; and Lone Star College, Randal Reed’s Planet Ford, JMB Insurance Solutions and Mary Kristen Photography.
About The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
As the largest business organization in the Houston region, The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce is committed to advocating for businesses, creating marketing and networking opportunities, serving as a professional and community resource and supporting charitable causes. For more information, please visit www.woodlandschamber.org