Restaurants Encouraged to Sign Up to Showcase Signature Menu Items at 33rd Taste of the TownDecember 05, 2018The Woodlands, Texas – The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce is hosting the 33rd Annual Taste of the Town event on Thursday, January 17 from 4-9 p.m. at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott.
Taste of the Town is a food and beverage expo that began in 1986 with 10 restaurants. The event has grown to attract more than 3,000 attendees and offers a variety of cuisines ranging from Italian, Mexican, Chinese, BBQ, seafood to international desserts from 40-plus restaurants.
The purpose of Taste of the Town is to showcase Chamber members in the food and beverage industry to attract the general public to do business with their establishments.
We encourage all restaurants, bakeries, caterers, and breweries interested in participating to call 281-367-5777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other businesses can join by sponsoring booths or tables to pass out soft drinks or water or by donating a raffle item worth more than $25.
As of now, we have more than 30 restaurants signed up including:
- Avenida Brazil Churrascaria Steakhouse
- Black Walnut Café
- Broken Barrel
- Craft Grill
- Cupcakes & Bubbles
- Goode Company Kitchen and Cantina
- Gringo's Mexican Kitchen
- H-E-B #594
- Houston CityPlace Marriott at Springwoods Village
- Huti's 5 Free-Fire Grill
- Johnny's Italian Steakhouse
- Kirby's Prime Steakhouse
- Landry's Seafood House
- Natalitas #2 Mexican Restaurant
- Nona's Italian Grill
- Pacific Yard House
- Robard's Steakhouse
- Russo's New York Pizzeria - The Woodlands
- Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen
- Sorriso Modern Italian Kitchen
- Southern Star Brewing Company
- The Egg and I/ First Watch Cafe
- The Red Brick Tavern
- The Republic Grille
- The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
- Thistle Draftshop
- Truluck's Seafood Steak & Crab House
- VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa
- Woodson's Local Tap & Kitchen
- Zanti Cucina Italiana
The event culminates in the Best of Taste Competition, in which every guest will have the chance to vote for their favorite samples to receive the People’s Choice award. This year, attendees can also vote on an added category of the best-decorated booth.In addition, six celebrity judges will vote on the best appetizer, best entrée and best dessert.
The reigning champions are Broken Barrel for best appetizer, Avenida Brazil Churrascaria Steakhouse for best entrée and KICKPOPS for best dessert and the people’s choice award.
The Taste of the Town Committee has announced three of the six celebrity judges: Greg Onofrio, Phaedra Cook and Kerry Stessel.
About Celebrity Judge Greg Onofrio
For nearly eight years Greg “Grego” Onofrio consistently delivered a unique brand of reliable news and information daily to viewers of CW 39 Houston and CW 33 Dallas as the anchor and on-camera commentator of NewsFix. Grego entertained legions of fans of rock and roll formatted radio stations for more than two decades prior as a high energy personality disc jockey. He received national acclaim for his groundbreaking Outlaw Radio nighttime show and morning co-hosting with members of The Stevens and Pruett show at 101 KLOL Houston.
About Celebrity Judge Phaedra Cook
Phaedra is the editor and publisher of Houston Food Finder and has covered Houston’s restaurant and bar scene for almost a decade. After many years of contributing to My Table magazine, in 2014 she became the lead restaurant critic for the Houston Press - the first freelancer to ever have that role. She was hired as a food editor before leaving to start Houston Food Finder, the first online-only publication exclusively covering the city’s restaurant and bar scene.
About Celebrity Judge Kerry Stessel
Kerry and his wife are the culinary powerhouses behind the gourmet hot sauce company Hot Line Pepper Products. Starting the company in 2010 with four gourmet sauces, the company has grown and is now in many retail stores, restaurants and food service distributors including nationwide deals of approximately 2,400 stores. Hot Line Pepper Products offers Texas made gourmet hot sauces from mild to extreme. They currently have seven sauces on the market, all of which are Gluten-free, preservative-free, and contain no added sugars, sweeteners or dyes. Kerry’s focus on quality and flavor is what has won him several awards for his sauces as well as a legion of fans.
Tickets can be purchased at TasteOfTheTown.org. An adult ticket costs $30 and includes two alcoholic drink vouchers; a child ticket for those ages 4 to 10 costs $20. Ticket prices increase by $5 if bought at the door.
The Chamber thanks our generous sponsors to date:
- Presenting Sponsor: Randall Reed’s Planet Ford Lincoln
- Executive Chef Sponsor: Marriott The Woodlands Waterway Hotel and Convention Center
- Beer Wristband Sponsor: Waste Connections
- Shopping Bag Sponsor: CareNow Urgent Care
- Entertainment Sponsor: Grand Central Park
- VIP Lounge Sponsors: America’s Best ER, The Republic Grille
- Gourmet Chef Sponsors: HEB, Pepsi
- Raffle Ticket Sponsor: Renewal by Andersen
- Friends of Taste: Just Cats Veterinary Services, Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center
- Beer Beverage Booth Sponsors: Abercrombie & Associates P.C., Blackwood Gun Club, Champions School of Real Estate, Christine Hale & Associates - RE/MAX, Just Cats Veterinary Services, Martha Turner Sotheby’s International Realty, Morgan A. Bourque, Attorney At Law, PR Marketing & Publishing, LLC/ ReviewIt Magazine, Richmond Realty Group - RE/MAX The Woodlands/Spring, Texas Premier Mortgage, The Abbey on Lake Wyndemere, We Clean 4 You
- Beer Band Booth Sponsors: Blake Wilcox Properties, LLC, Nationwide Insurance Melissa Ray Agency, Outback Western Wear LLC
- Soda Booth Sponsors: Gold’s Gym Magnolia, JD Precision Plumbing Services Inc, Leisure Getaways, Inc, Little Sunshine’s Playhouse and Preschool
- Water Booth Sponsors: AAA Texas LLC, COSTCO Wholesale, Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa, Speedsportz Racing Park, Waterway Wealth Management
- VIP Reception Sponsor: Amerigo’s Grille
- Media Partners: Hello Woodlands
- Publicity Partner: Taylorized Public Relations
- Table Hosts: Bradbury Brothers- Cooling/Heating/Plumbing, Constable Ryan Gamble, Lawn Ranger Co. Inc, Soules Insurance Agency, LP, The Woodlands Institute for Health & Wellness
- Cocktail Table Host: The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion, The Woodlands Art Council
About The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
As the largest business organization in the Houston region, The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce is committed to advocating for businesses, creating marketing and networking opportunities, serving as a professional and community resource and supporting charitable causes. For more information, please visit www.woodlandschamber.org.
Contact:Lauren Joerg(281) 367-5777