Adcetera is seeking an experienced content writer to work in our new office in The Woodlands, TX.
We are looking for more than someone who can write and edit copy with excellence; the ideal candidate uses sharp critical thinking skills to generate bold ideas, drive strategic messaging, and design and build the story architecture of each client project.
As a member of the Adcetera Content Team, you will play a variety of essential roles including industry analyst, client subject matter expert, and digital content native. You are able to see the big picture and pitch big ideas, but you’re also a problem-solver and a stickler for details. You are innately curious and a tireless student of the current events, trends, and culture that affect our business and our clients’ businesses. You take high ownership. You tackle new challenges with energy and excitement, and you take a rigorous approach to research, learning, and the transfer of knowledge through creative storytelling.
- Strategic engagement. Collaborate with leadership, peers, and clients to translate business strategies into creative content.
- Concept development. Develop and execute comprehensive communication plans.
- Content generation. Write meaningful stories and narratives for a variety of clients, projects, and marketing channels.
- Digital proficiency. Work with Strategy and Interactive teams to produce web-based content
- Focused expertise. Become a client and industry-focused expert, and know what’s acceptable, what’s preferred, and what’s trending with both the markets and the audience.
- Brand adherence. Know our clients’ brands inside and out, working within their prescribed guidelines, style, and preferences.
- Active participation. Ask questions. Offer up ideas. Share your knowledge.
- TBD. Be ready to learn new methods and devise new approaches — it takes confidence and agility to do things that have never been done before.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, or a related field.
Experience: Minimum five years of professional writing experience with three years of agency or related experience. Proven ability to write original content in a variety of formats with meticulous attention to spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, and style. Ability to proof and edit copy for errors is an absolute must.
Proficiency: Strong writing and storytelling ability with excellent, highly creative communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills.
Knowledge: Fluent knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Office required. Familiarity with style guides including but not limited to Strunk and White, Associated Press, and Chicago. Previous experience working with industry-related software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Confluence, WordPress, and Acquia is a plus.
Self-motivation: Highly driven, proactive, organized, strategic thinker who is flexible to change in fast-paced environments.
– Fun-loving and casual team environment
– Competitive salary
– Excellent benefits, including:
– A discretionary bonus plan
– Full employee health coverage
– A generous paid time off policy
– Retirement contribution
– Internal promotion strategy
- Please submit your cover letter, résumé, and 3–5 writing samples.